The general terms of CaminoWalks are based on the Norwegian Package Travel Act of 2018. For more information see:
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
The customer will be billed directly from CaminoWalks. The booking is binding when the reservation is made. An unpaid invoice is not acceptable as a form of cancellation. A cancellation may be made in writing or orally.
The customer must always check that the received travel confirmation and invoice are in accordance with his/ her booking. In the case of any mistakes, CaminoWalks must be contacted at the earliest possible date.
Amendment fee. Event of changes that involves additional work, CaminoWalks apply an extra charge of NOK 250–500,- per booking.
The traveller can cancel the tour before its commencement according to the following rules:
- By cancelling 60–31 days prior to the start of the tour, an administration fee of NOK 200 is to be paid.
- By cancelling between 30 and 21 days before the tour begins, 50% of the total price may be refunded.
- By cancelling less than 21 days before the tour starts or by no show, you might have to pay the full amount (100%). We recommend you to check with you insurance company if it is possible to purchase cancellation insurance (in case of illness before you leave for the tour) as well as a travel insurance.
CANCELLATION BECAUSE OG ILLNESS
We recommend that you purchase cancellation insurance in case of illness, combining it with your accident insurance. Check with your insurance company whether you already have valid cancel insurance.
We recommend that you purchase travel and cancellation insurance. The terms can vary with different insurance companies; check the specific terms with your insurance company.
In case a traveller needs to shorten the trip due to illness or injury, the extra cost must be covered by the traveller and his/her travel insurance. Please make sure that your travel insurance covers extra costs such as transportation home, etc in case of an emergency.
With luggage transport can only be sent clothing and equipment not needed for upcoming day trip, and is limited to one bag/suitcase/person – no more that 20 kg/piece. Preferably not small additional pieces!
Valuables with low weight and great value, such as money, jewelry, cameras, passports, credit cards etc. should the traveler be wearing at all times.
Your luggage is sent at your own risk – by damage of the suitcase or something gets lost as regards the traveler’s insurance.
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR
A tour can be stopped by CaminoWalks if:
- There are not enough participants (the minimum number of participants is stated under each tour). The cancellation of a tour is made by us at least a fortnight before its commencement.
- Conditions that CaminoWalks has no way of controlling (force majeure), e.g. natural disasters, labour conflicts etc.
- Conditions at the destination or along the route that makes the trip risky to accomplish.
PRICES – CHANGE IN PRICES
The prices include those services described under each tour; specified in the invoice. The basis of the prices is the price and tax level at the time of production. We reserve the right to change the prices in case of the introduction of new and/ or unexpected regulations; price changes will not occur later then 30 days before the start of the tour.
COMPLAINTS/ PERIOD FOR SUBMITTING A COMPLAINT
Complaints in connection to accommodation, the food etc. must be made immediately to the travel guide or to our office. If not, the customer loses the right to assert his/ her case. Furthermore, the complaint must be made before 1 month after returning home, unless there are particular reasons that are understandable making it possible to extend the period of submitting the complaint. Comments in connection with the evaluation questionnaire after the tour are not reckoned as written complaints.
RESERVATION CONCERNING CHANGES IN THE PROGRAM
We reserve the right to alter the printed program. All such changes will be made public by way of personal correspondence.
CaminoWalks is member of The Travel Guarantee Fund (Reisegarantifondet).